What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - 53' Fiesta zetec problems!!! - ACFear

Hi guys, I have been trying to figure out my cars numerous problems now for a couple of weeks to no avail so I've decided to call in the experts!

Ok my main problem with the car is OVERHEATING.

• The car is fine when running at a decent speed, I assume this is because of air cooling the engine?
  • When stationary the fan cuts in but almost immediatly the temp starts to rise.
  • I have had the engine on whilst sat at home and the car gets to normal temp on the display, then fan kicks in, display goes up.
  • Been told to check for bubbles in water and no bubbles.

The other issues (which may be symptoms to a larger problem) are;

• Light rattling at certain rpms, coming from engine but not alarmingly loud.
  • On cold/damp mornings the car is a nightmare to start. Im having to hold the throttle and slowly bring it down to around 500revs where it will hold itself. When the car gets warmer its ok.

Ok so thanks in advance guys. Also apologies if there is a mess of information here, I don't want to leave any, potentially important info go.

Thanks again,

Adam

Ford Fiesta - 53' Fiesta zetec problems!!! - Peter.N.

When you say the car is overheating is it actually boiling or just reading high, if the latter how high is it reading and does the temperature come down when driving?

Ford Fiesta - 53' Fiesta zetec problems!!! - ACFear

Hi Peter, the water does boil yes. The temp does come down but only when I get to a decent speed.

Thanks!