What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Ford Remote Key - Destinationbali

Hi

I have just bought a 2001 (51 reg) ford fiesta.

It came with 2 keys, both have the red insert in the top of the key, but it doesn’t have a remote key. I am hoping the previous owner lost it and just never replaced it...

I want to buy a replacement blank remote key off ebay, but there are different codes on the key, (eg AG98 15K601 AC) since I do not have the original remote key, I cannot get the code off the fob. I have the procedure for reprogramming the key, just need to know which one to buy...

Does anybody know where else this code is available from other than on the original fob itself? Or if any Fiesta remote key can be reprogrammed to the vehicle?

Any advice you could lend would really be appreciated!

Many thanks

Ford Fiesta - Ford Remote Key - chairmanmatt
As long as you have the reprogramming procedure it would be best just to go to a good key cutter, like Timpsons, they should be able to match the key for you. No idea how much though.
Ford Fiesta - Ford Remote Key - prdillingham

My understanding is that there are three different tibbe transponders - red, light blue, and dark blue. You have the red one, obviously. Any post 96 Fiesta Mk4 or Mk5, or Mk2 Mondeo two-button remote will work. Focus will not, though - it's light blue. The next issue is, whether you can use the three button remote. If yours has the electric boot opener on it , ie it's a Ghia or has the electric opening button on the centre console, (I think V-reg onwards cars the boot remote opening button on the centre console was deleted and the three button remote introduced - then remote central locking box permitting, the 3 button remote will automatically be fully functional once it's mated to the car.

Part numbers you need, I believe are: 2-button 97BG15K601AA 3-button 98AC15K601AC, although typically, most combinations of last two letters should be fine. You've got the process for using the first two keys to get get the ecu to accept the third key. However, once this is done, you'll also need to flick the ignition on and off and on five times in six seconds until it goes into program mode - usually a beep and the immobiliser indicator light comes on. You then need to press the unlock button and possible the lock button, which should then program the remote in. Good luck!