What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Toyota RAV4 vs Honda CRV - koksieboy

I'm posting on behalf of my colleague.

With a budget of £10k for an 07/08 car which is better, RAV4 or CRV? Which trim is recommended?

Toyota RAV4 vs Honda CRV - Avant

Not really a like-for-like comparison as the CRV, particularly the current model, si a lot bigger than the RAV-4. Your colleague should get a test drive of each and decide which better suits his/her needs and which is preferable to drive.

Toyota RAV4 vs Honda CRV - jamie745

Yes if he/she hasnt seen the cars in the flesh yet they may be surprised with how much bigger the CRV is than the Rav-4, or surprised of how much smaller the Rav-4 is than it looks.

Toyota RAV4 vs Honda CRV - OldSkoOL

We ran several RAV4's over the past 8 years from the old 3door model to the newer versions, mostly diesel and we love the 2.2 140bhp engine.

Our last one was the 140bhp diesel XTR and it was a brilliant family car. We had a black one which had pretty shoddy paintwork and marked easily. Silver wore the best and the MPG on the m-way at a steady pace was 52MPG!!! Amazing for the size and weight.

Over typical medium trips it would do low to mid 40's and on a long journey it was average mid if not high 40's. We travel a lot with 2 kids and we would regularly fill the boot full up with all the gear you need even for a 1 year old. You can move the back seats forward with still ebough leg room. We never needed to use the back seat, we got everything in the boot.

It was an excellent family car, plenty of sapce, superb MPG, would go anywhere pretty much within reason, no bad in the winter as it has temporary 4x4 but most importantly, all season tyres as standard and it was totally reliable, every one we had and we had 5 in total.

Toyota RAV4 vs Honda CRV - koksieboy

Thanks all for the comments.

He was initially going for the CRV after driving a friends CRV but decided to consider the RAV4 after reading reviews on Whatcar? There seem to be better reviews and more satisfied owners for the RAV4 than the CRV. He's happy with the size of either of them but more concerned about reliabiliy and total cost of ownership.

We'd go to the local Toyota dealership to checkout the RAV4 phsycally as suggested.

Toyota RAV4 vs Honda CRV - Ethan Edwards

My answer to this question when I was faced with such a choice was simple.

Nissan X trail.

Toyota RAV4 vs Honda CRV - jamie745

Good car, someone at my work has one and waxes lyrical about it.