Advice on next purchase - stevieg
After 2 years of trouble free motoring in my Primera SRi I need a larger load carrier as a result of 2 small children.
I want a large, well made, reliable, cheap to run estate/MPV. It also has to be as good to drive as the Primera and as quick.
Max budget 5K plus trade-in.
Advice on next purchase - DavidHM
First question: age, mileage and condition of the Primera.

Unfortunately you're extremely unlikely to find anything as good to drive as the Primera for your budget unless you go for a Primera, 406 or Mondeo estate although none of these will be quite as practical as an MPV.

My advice, if the Primera is newish, is a Sharagalambra of some description, probably a 2.3 petrol Galaxy. That should start from around £10k on a W or X although you probably won't be able to get a new shape.
Advice on next purchase - DavidHM
Oh and right about now, someone will be along to recommend either the Omega or the Volvo V70. Nothing wrong with either of them.
Advice on next purchase - stevieg
Its a 1997 P with 75k on the clock, FSH, its been 100% reliable.
I,m just concerned with running costs and initial purchase price of Volvo and running costs of Omega.
Advice on next purchase - LHM
Ignore the ignorant and try a Citroën XM estate - (1995 on). The 2.0 litre petrol turbo versions are cheap, reliable, well-built (honestly), supremely comfortable, return mid-30s mpg, and will swallow a prodigious amount of domestic baggage with self-levelling ease.
Advice on next purchase - TrevorP
Skoda Octavia Tdi estate?

checkout:-
www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/carbycar/index...m