What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford puma - heating problems - an update?! - gj1982

Hi
A while ago I posted on here about my faulty heater only blowing hot air. THanks for the advice offered, however I;ve done everything I've been told to do to no avail. Here's a little update, I was wondering if anyone had any more advice for me?

- Changed the hcv to a Ford genuine AC one, no change.
- changed the control panel for one I got from a scrap yard - no change
- Done voltage test, strange readings - hcv connector only reads power when I earth it to chassis rather than through earth wire, however have checked earth wire to the one at the back of the control panel and they are connected etc
- not getting any of the pulsing readings from multimeter as described in other posts

- Both pipes going into the Hcv are getting hot, the right hand side one more hot than the other....
- the little motor powering the hcv gets very hot also, that's not right is it?!
- Tried to trace the wire from the hcv connector to the control panel to check it - at the hcv its purple and black, at the control panel it seems to be full purple - is this normal?

I'm racking my brains here and running out of ideas. I know taking it to a garage is easiest but I'm low on cash and so need to dispel as many possibilities as i can first, to save time/labour costs etc

If you guys can offer any suggestions, I'd be extremely grateful!