What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2008 Ford mondeo 2.0 TDCI titanium x - Alarm keeps going off without being turned on - hoopymckulaboy

Hello all, my car alarm started going off on the weekend. No lights flashing, The dashboard computer had a display saying alarm needs servicing. The only way to stop it going off was to leave the car open. That worked for one night. then the next day it kept going off every few minutes without the car even being locked. i brought it to ford and they put the laptop on it and it gave a reading of 4 internals sensor alarms and 1 alarm module under the bonnet. They ordered the part for new internal sensor and they told me it is 290 euro plus labour, 400 euro. They just phoned and have said its still going off. They disconnected the sensor when i brought it in the first day and it still went off. I said well its not the sensor then , its the alarm module.They insisted the laptop says it is the internal sensor. So now they want to order the new module and fit it in the morning. So that part plus labour is about 200 euro. I also told them about 2 days before the alarm went off i drove through a few flash floods due to heavy rain and mainly on the left hand side of the car. Plus a head light bulb went that day aswell. I asked them to change the module and put back the old sensor and see what happens. He said i should leave the new part in. I said it will save me 400 euro as the part most likely didnt need to be changed and he is now saying he will have to charge me labour for replacing and testing and that its cheaper to leave in the new part. Has anyone got any advice on this matter and rights. This is dealing with ford in Ireland. Thanks

2008 Ford mondeo 2.0 TDCI titanium x - Alarm keeps going off without being turned on - RT

Pure guess based on Vauxhalls - a proper alarm has a backup battery - if that backup battery goes faulty it needs replacing - that's a long shot but maybe .......