What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Pregnancy - seat belt extensions - PatriciaX
Can you actually get seat belt extensions and are they generic for all car types?

Ford have said they don't do them.

Pregnancy - seat belt extensions - Mark (RLBS)
Pretty much generic. However, you shouldn't need them.

If the belt is across your stomach and you have an incident you will do much harm to yourself and your unborn. The lap belt should be pulled tight across your hips and under your bulge and the shoulder belt should be above your tummy.

You can get little bracing/organising straps to hold it so. I can probably find the details of the one my wife used if you need it.

You don't want to know what happens if either part of the belt is across your stomach in the event of an accident.
Pregnancy - seat belt extensions - BB
Correct me if I'm wrong, bit isn't there exemption for expectant mothers to wear seatbelts? I've worked in the automotive seating industry for for some time now, and I have never come across a pregnancy seat belt, so yes, they are generic.
Pregnancy - seat belt extensions - Pugugly {P}
NO exemption - The only time a pregnant woman can be exempted is
under the general exemption terms of the Act. The only way an exemption would work if the woman concerned had a Medical Certificate.
Pregnancy - seat belt extensions - wowbagger
NO exemption - The only time a pregnant woman can be
exempted is
under the general exemption terms of the Act. The only way
an exemption would work if the woman concerned had a Medical
Certificate.

Quite so. See: www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/infocentre/details.a...7

.. and follow the link for exemptions.