What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Accord - Buying from Oswestry Shropshire. - JimmyV

I am looking to by a Honda car for quiet some time. I did quiet a bit of reasearch and found some interesting facts. One among them is when we look at the national stock for honda approved cars Honda Jazz is almost 1500 pounds cheaper in Scotland than in London. Dont know the reason.

My current concern is this. I found a Honda Accord in Oswestry, Shropshire with a dealer called JT hughes. The car is almost 1000 pounds cheaper than in London. I could spend time and money to go to this place from London for the savings! The question is why is it cheaper? Is it just becasue of low demand or is there any other reason?For example if the car is near a coastal area that can afftect the metal and hence the used car could be cheaper. Anyone tried to find out these aspects for buying a car when looking at different parts of UK?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Edited by JimmyV on 01/06/2011 at 14:12

Honda Accord - Buying from Oswestry Shropshire. - bonzo dog

Hi Jimmy, please don't think I'm being sarcastic but London is a lot nearer to the sea than Oswestry, so I don't think you'll need to worry on that score.

Why is this car relatively cheap? Could be any number of reasons.

Obvious factors are exact model, age, mileage, service history, number of owners.

Less obvious reasons are the length of time the dealer has had it in stock (I was with one dealer today who has sold a vehicle for the price he paid for it simply to clear it as he has had it in stock 6 months) & how many other similar cars he has in stock currently.

Of course most things are more expensive in London, used cars included. I know of a number of dealers who regularly travel to Scotland to buy stock due to the lower prices.

Good luck

Honda Accord - Buying from Oswestry Shropshire. - JimmyV

Hi Bonzo, thank you for the reply. I checked most of the obvious factors and they all are similiar in the cars that I compared. And presumably this car wont have any "hidden" problems because it is Honda approved(just a belief). So I think we could say less demand dictates the less price. As you know there are dealers buying from scotland the price difference in UK is obvious.

If Hondas 12 months warranty is honoured by delaers nationwide I am not seeing any big issue in driving down the car from Oswestry to London once.

And, I was just referring to the "caostal area factor "as an example of factors affecting a cars price-not this instance though :-)

Thanks for the input again.

Jimmy

Edited by JimmyV on 01/06/2011 at 18:31