What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - new ford focus to expensive - daveyK_UK

Hi,

a story about a work colleague whos brother in law works for at a Ford plant.

As an employee of Ford, he gets a voucher for a percentage of a new car depending on model and trim.

The chepaest new shape focus 1.6 petrol he can get (And he had tried 11 different dealers) is £15,500!

IIn compariosn, they are offering him a brand new mondeo for £11,500 (shame his wife wont drive a percieved 'big' car).

Are Ford trying to up market themselves with the new focus? Its a nice car despite the lack of rear visability, but surely the base spec 1.6 is not worth £15,500!

Ford Focus - new ford focus to expensive - daveyjp

A well specced diesel is close to £25,000 - crazy, BUT there is a silver lining.

Ford always do this and it's why you should never be an early adopter for the company. Give it 12 months and you'll be saving 30% on list!

Ford Focus - new ford focus to expensive - Roly93

Yes and yes !!

Ford Focus - new ford focus to expensive - oldroverboy

he'll get it cheaper from a broker, or watch the ads for large car supermarkets.....and yes the base rrp is way too high, soon be available for £9995 on pre-reg. or thereabouts..

Ford Focus - new ford focus to expensive - BigJohnD

We've had two Focuses (Foci?) Neither have lived up to expectation, and I have to say I'm glad to be rid of them.

Despite being very uncomfortable, they've had too much too expensive time off the road, and little help from the dealer over warranty claims, like battery, starting, clutch master cylinder, tyre wear, poor mpg, electric mirror, rear wiper, &c. faults.

Maybe Ford have realised that is costs money to design and manufacture solid and reliable cars, and they've dumped the KwikSave principle of pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap.

Ford Focus - new ford focus to expensive - Roly93

We've had two Focuses (Foci?) Neither have lived up to expectation, and I have to say I'm glad to be rid of them.

Despite being very uncomfortable, they've had too much too expensive time off the road, and little help from the dealer over warranty claims, like battery, starting, clutch master cylinder, tyre wear, poor mpg, electric mirror, rear wiper, &c. faults.

You must have been really unlucky. We are on our second Focus, the first 53 plate car we had at 8 months old was bullet proof apart from the instrument cluster issue, which was fixed with some meths and a toothbrush. The one we have now is flawless mechanically.

However I will say that I do wish Ford would spend more time de-rattling their cars (like the German marques) as this is the one thing that spoils them.

Edited by Roly93 on 23/05/2011 at 13:58