What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
51 plate ford mondeo est td - squeeking from gears or clutch on changing down - seank9

Can any one help, my car makes a horrible loud squeek from the gears box when you change down a gear, as you let the clutch up!!! Also somtimes when you depress the clutch it does not come back up and i have to put my foot under it to lift the pedal back. It goes into gear fine, and does not seem to slip. any ideas??

51 plate ford mondeo est td - squeeking from gears or clutch on changing down - Collos25

The reason you have to pull the pedal back up is the clutch cylinder is failing,the noise is probably the release bearing or it could be the flywheel either way to find out and to cure it you will have to remove the gearbox.

51 plate ford mondeo est td - squeeking from gears or clutch on changing down - seank9

sounds expensive???

51 plate ford mondeo est td - squeaking from gears or clutch on changing down - Avant

Moved to Technical.

51 plate ford mondeo est td - squeaking from gears or clutch on changing down - Collos25

Its at a point where it will cost more to change the clutch than the car is worth.