What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford mondeo mk3,05, 2.0tdci 130bhp - drivers seat moving back and forward - keith72

when moving my seat to correct position before driving something is not right as the seat can move about an inch forward when braking and then move back an inch when accelerating away.

been to ford and there quoting £450 for a new seat bracket as it is all one unit.

can anyone help to what it could be or would it be better if a got a new seat bracket from breakers yard,would it fail mot.

ford mondeo mk3,05, 2.0tdci 130bhp - drivers seat moving back and forward - craig-pd130

Does the seat SLIDE back and forth, or does it rock?

If it's rocking, it might just need the bolts that secure the seat rails to the floorpan tightening. On my current car (2008 Mondeo) the dealer forgot to do this at the PDI. Bit of an oversight, really.

ford mondeo mk3,05, 2.0tdci 130bhp - drivers seat moving back and forward - keith72

the seat is sliding back and forward about an inch when it is supposed to be in a set postion after i have used lever to adjust