What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
03 Ford Focus 1.8tdci Saloon - Ford Focus Saloon Dashboard - Failed - simp
Hi

I am having to have the dashboard replaced as the current one seems to have totally failed, when I turn the key a couple of lights come on and go out and nothing else works.
Ford have told me that there is no way of reprogramming the new dash to show the actual mileage
I have no idea what the mileage is as it's a digital display that's no longer working so I cant even record it for future use.
Can this be right in this day and age when computers are practically running cars, surely things like this are stored somewhere.

Also will I have to notify anyone about the fact that the mileage has gone back to zero.

Thanks
Ps Does anyone know if this may be one of the 'watchdog' ones that I've read about on the Internet
03 Ford Focus 1.8tdci Saloon - Ford Focus Saloon Dashboard - Failed - elekie&a/c doctor

Problem focus dashboards are usually built 2002/3 ,so i would think your car falls within this range.Ford dealers were offering a replacement unit fitted for £99 but not sure if this still applies.The old faulty dash is very probably repairable,often a corroded printed circuit track.The odometer mileage is not stored any where else on this year of car.As for verifying the mileage it is only possible through service records or mot certificates.hth