Peugeot 406 Gld T reg - Engine diagnostics warning light - robdub

The engine warning light has come on. I have a loss of power. The revs max out at 2500. I do have a mall leek on one of the injectors. But I,ve had this for about 3 months and had no problems. I can,t afford to go to a diagnostics centre, so have to do trial and error. Any help is most appreciated. Its a 2 litre tirbo diesel manual gearbox with 100 k on the clock

Peugeot 406 Gld T reg - Engine diagnostics warning light - injection doc
there is a tiny ( what looks like a vacum pipe ) from the manifold to the top of the diesel pump, this adjusts the fuelling under turbo boost. make sure this pipe is sound and connected and clear to blow through. If the pipe has a tiny leak the manifold boost pressure does not signal the pump to increase fuel causing loss of power and restricted rev's
It may well need a diagnostic code read to establish what is triggering off fault. It may well be the trigger injector, worth checking the wiring to that injector that it hasn't rubbed through.

I take it this is at the back of the engine somewhere. I,mm feeling around for a small pipe.Is it to the left or right of the engine if I,mm stood facing the engine. thanks

Peugeot 406 Gld T reg - Engine diagnostics warning light - Peter.N.

The pump is on your left facing the engine, by the alternator and drive belts.

Hi, I,ve had a good look at the pump. I cannot see any small pipe of even some place where a pipoe might fit on. there are no unions or recesses which looks like something is not commected. The pump looks new by the way and the cambelys were changed about 2 months ago

Peugeot 406 Gld T reg - Engine diagnostics warning light - Peter.N.

Towards the back of the pump, where the injector pipes are connected, right on the top there should be a circular diaphram housing, the pipe should be connected to that, its only a small pipe probably 1/4" in diameter.