What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus (2003) - Wheel Bearings on Focus - IneptPig

Hi,

I've had my car for close to six months now, during which time I've had to replace one wheel bearing (bought the car second hand, and this was covered by the garage I bought it from) on the driver side, and had a curious issue with the electrics - but now the passenger side wheel is beginning to make an all too familiar noise when driving, so, before I get this bearing replaced as well - I wondered if Focus' are well known for needing new wheel bearings so often?

I know the fact that the car is second hand makes things tricky to comment on, but it strikes me that two wheel bearings in six months is a bit excessive!

Ford Focus (2003) - Wheel Bearings on Focus - tdc

You don`t give the mileage....everything wears out eventually.

If car was driven hard&fast with excessive braking on cobbled streets or down pot-holed farm tracks by previous owner then this would knock the bearings out.

Not suggesting your driving is under scrutiny even though both bearings packed in under your ownership. ;)

Ford Focus (2003) - Wheel Bearings on Focus - IneptPig
Bought at 72k; now around the 80k mark - it does Bristol/Cambridge both ways almost every week.

Not sure about hard; fast occcasionally (as it's a motorway run); took it to Norfolk this weekend managed to find a village that had the most speed bumps ever and then a forest road that had a fair few pot holes...

So it's probably all my fault!
Ford Focus (2003) - Wheel Bearings on Focus - joewright

we have owned 3 ford focus `y` reg `03` now `09 ` never had a problem at all! very reliable { p.s wifes choice }

Ford Focus (2003) - Wheel Bearings on Focus - Nightcrawler1988

I have a 2000 Focus, its done 185000 and has had 2 near side rear bearings in it's time but I don't think they need replacing too often.

Simon