What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Hyundai i20 - Hyundai i 20 - Glenn 42

It seems that the motoring press are raving about these as a reliable and cheaper alternative to a Honda Jazz or a Toyota Yaris, and a lot nicer looking than a Nissan Micra. Also there is the five year warranty to consider, the dealers have a good reputation, the car is far more modern and nicer to drive than the Getz and economy and performance are up there with the best.

However, I did own a Getz and when under warranty was almost faultless and even if the fuel consumption was a bit heavy for a 1.3 ( 37 mpg average) the car was excellent value for money and reasonable to drive. Yet when the warranty went, a month later the ECU decided to die, leaving me stranded and with a £ 600 bill. This had obviously narked me big time, and I vowed never to buy Hyundai again, but the way the i20 is reviewed is making me think again. After all, I could buy a 2 year old example quite cheaply, get rid a few months before the warranty expires and buy another- as under warranty these cars seem perfect. Also 5 years beats most of its rivals.