What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Exhaust fumes in car - davenpearsall

Hi all,

Over the last few weeks I've noticed a strong smell of exhaust fumes in my ford focus (diesel). It is most apparent when I am stationary and I get a very strong smell of it when I park up and get out, so it's definitely me!

I've had a trawl through forums and some people suggest that it could be a hole in my exhaust. However I can't hear it "blowing" which it usually does with a hole. Others have suggested that it might be the pollen/fresh air filter is clogged. However the usually signs of this are misting up, which I don't get.

Can anyone suggest anything that it might be. I'm going to get it checked out somewhere tomorrow. It won't be kwik fit (after what I saw on watchdog <*** class="inlineimg" title="Wink" src="http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/forum_smilies/wink.gif" border="0" alt="" />

Any info appreciated!

Ford Focus - Exhaust fumes in car - marnemainia
whats your milage, are you sure your not burning oil. if no leaks on exaust then you should have none of the fumes entering the cabin.
Ford Focus - Exhaust fumes in car - davenpearsall
It's done 82,000. Going to kwik fit this morning just to see if they can see any holes. That will rule that out either way.
Ford Focus - Exhaust fumes in car - piston power

Put your hand over the tail pipe does it blow your hand off or can you hear any blowing?

Also check exhaust manifold.