What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 1.8 LX TDDI (2000) - Where to get a fuel pump inexpensively? - xander3

Hi,

I have a 10 year-old Ford Focus 1.8 LX TDDI. It lost power while driving earlier this week and wouldn’t start again.

The local Ford dealer in Northern Ireland is quoting £660 to have a new pump fitted since that the problem. Since the car itself is probably worth no more than £1K, I need to find a way to costs. My usual mechanic-cheap -won’t touch something like a fuel pump.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Ford Focus 1.8 LX TDDI (2000) - Where to get a fuel pump inexpensively? - Peter.N.

Would this one be any good? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-Mondeo-2-0-TDDI-injector-pump-injection-pump-/280553527031?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41524b16f7

Ford Focus 1.8 LX TDDI (2000) - Where to get a fuel pump inexpensively? - Collos25

Fuel pumps on ebay from £275 to £575 expensive items when you buy a petrol one for £45.

Ford Focus 1.8 LX TDDI (2000) - Where to get a fuel pump inexpensively? - madf

Hmm

Your local mechanic is a sensible man..

Apart from the pump, what are you planning to do on clearing any metal particles from the injection system? If you do not, and there are any from the failed pump, your new pump may not solve the problem for very long..