What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta ghia 97 - tailgate release & door open indicator lights don' - orchid2010

Can anyone help?

My tailgate release and door open indicator light on longer work, and the red alarm light stays on constantly. My husband has checked all the fuses and they are ok. I assume all the problems have one cause as they all happend at the same time.

The car runs fine. I have noticed from reading posts that my car might have remote central locking, I have never had a remote key for the car, only a red one and one black coded key with the red bit at the top.

Ford Fiesta ghia 97 - tailgate release & door open indicator lights don' - jc2

IIRC this car does not have remote locking-just double locking and alarm-both set by the key in the lock.Turn it in the unlock direction and then within five seconds to the lock position.Car should then bleep at you.Your problems are more likely to be bad earth on tailgate.Open it and hammer pins in hinge backward and forward-if this does not sort it,then fit a small earth cable between tailgate and body.