What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
The iPhone 4 sales phenomenon - oilrag

Whatever you think of the actual device - the sales phenomenon seems remarkable.

At Meadowall Shopping Centre, mid Morning, there seemed to be around 400 people queuing for the new iPhone 4

Approx 150 in two queues outside the upper floor O2 shop, with 30 outside the lower floor 02 shop, 50yds away around the corner.

(Told some at the end of the 150 queue about that - info not received with thanks, or grace at all..)

Then I noticed another 200 or so stacked down an access tunnel, outside the Apple shop.

Orange (Who also had the phone) were empty. As were 3 who had to suffer the 02 queue right outside their shop.

This on a weekday too. It`s got to be a reflection of the retail position across the country too. Surely?

Wonder what Saturday will bring? I was was also trying to remember past products of any make, that had been so popular at launch.

Incidentally, I tried one, for there was no queue for that, but couldn`t operate it...

Edited by oilrag on 24/06/2010 at 13:38