What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Halfords stainless steel hose clips - oilrag

I noticed they were selling SS hose clips the other day. Narrower and seemingly of thinner metal though, than the galvanized type.

It`s a while since I saw actual Jubilee brand clips - it might have been in the tool shop in Meadowhall shopping centre.

Will need one in a few years for the bottom hose on the Panda.... (think I will go for a Jubilee brand)

Are you always looking at parts like this? A sort of reflex action from decades back when top hoses sometimes didn`t last a year...

Edited by oilrag on 23/05/2010 at 20:41

Halfords stainless steel hose clips - piggy

Funnily enough I was just looking over SWMBO`s Corolla last week and noticing the bottom hose clip is succumbing to the old iron oxide. It`s not really surprising as the car`s eight years old. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction ,Oilrag .Well, an eight year old Toyota is barely run in.

Halfords stainless steel hose clips - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

Toolshop? Meadowhall?

Are we talking of the hell on earth shopping centre near Sheffield?

Halfords stainless steel hose clips - oilrag

Yeah ;-) We are always there as it opens, then leave about 11am before it gets busy.

Piggy, I`m not sure Halfords stainless are the best option - they are narrower and thinner metal than the Halfords galvanised type - which in turn SEEM less robust than the Jubilee brand.

That`s just an impression really. Has anyone examined them more closely?