What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Oil top up confusion - parkpre
Can anyone help?

I've recently had my 55 plate 2.2 diesel engined accord serviced by a Honda main dealer, who first over filled it with oil and then when I asked them to drain it to the correct level, left it half way between min and max!

Anyway, anticipating the need for a top up soon, I'm trying to establish what oil to use. According to the service record, they used "0W30 Castrol FS." I've bought some "0W30 Castrol SLX Professional Powerflow." Does anyone know whether these 2 oils are compatable? I've checked with the same Honda garage that serviced my car and they don't seem to know!!! Needless to say I'll be using another garage for the next service!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Oil top up confusion - Manatee
The Castrol website is acting the goat at the minute so can't check, but I guess that "FS" is the lazy abbreviation for full synthetic and not an oil type.

The recommended oil for the i-ctdi according my bumf is 0W30 Castrol Edge (synthetic). I use Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel 0W40 from Costco, because it's a lot cheaper at £23 for 4l. and meets the spec.

I'm pretty sure SLX is synthetic, possibly long life and can't see why mixing it when topping up should be a problem.