What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
03 1.4 TDCi - OBDII Software?? - cotton
Does anyone have any software that could read the codes from my 03 TDCi fiesta? It's got a plug but the software that I have used with other cars (Toyota and Vauxhall) doesn;t read anything from it.

If you could post on rapidshare or email it to me (cotton69 at gmail.com) that would be excellent!
03 1.4 TDCi - OBDII Software?? - bell boy
gendan do a good range i see your car is 03 so theoretically outside the obd11 range of diesels but im pretty confident as its a ford their basic tool at about £50 will read and clear your codes
it will help with your other question too about cutting out as otherwise you are sailing backwards in a gale

www.gendan.co.uk/category_3.html

phone them,super company ,they will advise you correctly,british based with real people
03 1.4 TDCi - OBDII Software?? - sandy56
why would anyone want to spend money on a code reader for this car?

You would be better keeping the money and having it serviced correctly and then driving it.
03 1.4 TDCi - OBDII Software?? - bell boy
sandy56 you cannot be serious?
yes
03 1.4 TDCi - OBDII Software?? - oilrag
Servicing doesn`t cover having codes read. That`s a nice little extra earner that can cost more than a basic reader.

Incidentally, the basic Genden code reader that Bellboy recommends, works fine on our 02 Punto.
Cheers for the repies so far guys. I am a poor student at the min :( Is there any free software around?

If not would anyone be able to lend me a Genden? I'll send £30 in escro and post it back recorded.

Edited by cotton on 23/01/2010 at 08:30

If you look around you may find an independent that will read it for £30. Our local place will read them for £25.

Not sure how much the basic reader is, now from Genden - but mine was under £50 a couple of years ago. It`s a good investment I think as you may need to read the codes again - or on another car.

Just checked - they are currently £39.99

Edited by oilrag on 23/01/2010 at 09:04

03 1.4 TDCi - OBDII Software?? - WorkshopTech
Gendan are great for the DIY'er and a good company.

If you are strapped for cash then buy one new for £40, use it for what you want and then sell it on Ebay for £25 (or on the classified on this site). You'll get a buyer straight away and itll only have cost you £15.
Can anyone confirm it will work 100%??
I would contact Genden.