What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
99 1.25 Tailgate remote release - Gozoman
Another problem I've had for a while now is that the tailgate no longer opens using the remote. The doors open and double lock etc on the remote but tailgate won't. A while back it was working sometimes but just before it finally died it was making noises as if it was struggling to operate. Any ideas what the problem could be?
99 1.25 Tailgate remote release - elekie&a/c doctor
Do the rear wiper and hrw work correctly?If not then this could be the common problem with a poor earth circuit to the tailgate which also affects electric release mechanism.hth
99 1.25 Tailgate remote release - bell boy
sorted this problem for the wife in the argos carpark on sunday by asking her to repeatably flick the switch as i opened the boot and shut it again
i too think its an earthing problem but usually on the mk5 fiesta the rear wiper still works, however there are 2 types of rear tailgate on these models so depending how its wiresd will have a baring
sometimes a crack with a hammer on the hinges brings restoration of things electrical
99 1.25 Tailgate remote release - Gozoman
In answer to both replies the rear wiper is working fine at the moment. However it has given problems in the past namely not operating one day and operating the next. A crack with a hammer sound like it might be worth a try as it's quick and easy! Failing that I'll check out connections.