What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
02 1.6 vile clutch judder in 1st/ headlamps - civicminded
Me too -- sometimes if I leave it out at night, moving off smoothly in 1st can be near impossible, with terrible jerking and juddering and no power. Seems not to happen if the car is warmed up or garaged. Clutch was replaced (plus front suspension) without question under warranty in Year 3 but it's still temperamental.

I have no problem with a stiff or sticking clutch cable AFAIK though the throttle has always felt to me very spongy and soggy.

And I've now got the noisy grindy whirring headlamp adjuster problem on the offside, are these a totally sealed unit or can they be stripped down and played around with? I tend to jerk the control around until it stops. I suspect some sticking or corroding mechanism somewhere that must be accessible somehow.

BTW the car came from my dealer ex. Honda Slough, had 7k miles after 3 years so I bought it 4 years ago. Bit disappointing to have some ongoing problems really.

Thanks for any help!
02 1.6 vile clutch judder in 1st/ headlamps - pantherag
It's a hydraulic clutch on these, not cable. So if you have concerns with the release mechanism it's either the master cylinder, slave or both.

But tbh the temperature sensitive nature sounds like an engine problem, could be all manner of things from Idle control valves to O2 sensors or the Evap system/valve.

Headlight adjusters are the same on mine, they eventually fail and that stops the whirring... I'm afraid they're sealed units, 03 onwards got new headlamps which had replaceable adjusters I believe.

This generation of Civic has really dented my faith in Honda.