What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
05 1.6 Engine hesitation - Arthur45
Hi. I think I have a slight problem with my 05 Focus 1.6 zetec (100BHP). When the engine is cold it hesitates on acceleration at low revs/speed 1800rpm 20 to 30mph 2nd and 3rd gear. 1/4 throttle. Once warmed up this does occur a little but not as much and only when the vehicle is on a slight gradient. As if the engine is under more load. If the revs are higher 2500rpm it pulls away no problem. It has a new air filter and plugs (Bosch gap set to 1.2mm). The exhaust seems a little throaty. This has been checked and no blows were found.

Anyone with similar, is it a characteristic of the vehicle?
05 1.6 Engine hesitation - Rattle
Have you done an ECU fault code read? When Corsa did this it was the MAF sensor. Fitted a new one and it felt like a completly different engine. It is this day the best £76 I have ever spent.
05 1.6 Engine hesitation - Arthur45
Thanks Rattle the car is going into the dealer I bought it from tomorrow. Won't be suprised though if they say nothing is wrong. The hesitation is minor and I put some 97 U/L petrol in yesterday and things improved slighlty.