What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
03 2.0 TDCi - Engine splutter and sound of sucking - stokiebarker1
Hi,
I have a mondeo 2.0 TDCi LX. In the last few days it has started to splutter and jump when I accelerate sharply. At the same time their is a sound of sucking air. This seems to happen just above 2000 revs.
This morning their was a cloud of blue smoke when I first stated the car up. It runs relatively smoothly when accelerating gently.

any ideas out there, any help would be much appreciated.

03 2.0 TDCi - Engine splutter and sound of sucking - theterranaut
You might want to check the turbo hoses- well know for splitting. Mine has done this. You'll need to find the offending hose of course: here's some info thats probably more useful than my offering:

www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/788665/

hth
03 2.0 TDCi - Engine splutter and sound of sucking - rocket ron
I had the same probs. ie Lack of power, Smoking, Hissing sound on acceleration and poor fuel economy from 46 MPG down to 34MPG.
The turbow hose was the prob, situated front ofside on engine close to the radiator.
The hose is £34 from Fords and is Apprx 2" diameter and 15" long and runs from the Exhaulst emissins regulater which is attached to the upper engine on the drivers side (right hand drive)which could couse the same problem but costs £126 exchange from Fords.
So you will check the hose first. good luck.Ron
SQ

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 12/09/2009 at 15:48