What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Accident: KA3 written off-nd bigger - suggestions? - marcusmac
Hi guys

My beloved Ford KA3 got rear ended and need some suggestions for a replacement but bigger vehicle? I have a budget of £5k and with a baby on the way want low running costs (Tax, Tyres, Servicing, Repairs) but with a bit more space for "stuff".

Any thoughts from any happy trade ins?

Currently thinking Ford Fiesta or Mazda2 (expensive parts?)? Some thing reliable with the same nippiness as the KA (dont need a hugely powerful beast - just more of the same but bigger)?

Or might I have missed a trick?

So appreciate this!

Regards
marcus
Accident: KA3 written off-nd bigger - suggestions? - Lygonos
Focus/Astra/Mazda3. Baby seat + crap (buggy, bag of change stuff, shopping, etc) is tricky with a KA/Fiesta sized car.
Thank you Lygonos, a fair few people mentioned the volume issue :-) You've helped - thanks!!
Accident: KA3 written off-nd bigger - suggestions? - Avant
The Fiesta 1.25 is nippy and so is the Yaris 1.3 (avoid the 1.0). Go for 5 doors as it'll be easier to get the baby in. For your £5k the Mazda 2 will be the old model which is much less dynamic than the new one.

Consider a Focus as well - may not cost that much more to run than a Fiesta - and you'll be surprised how much room a baby's stuff needs.

If it were me in your position, I think I'd go for a Skoda Fabia - the 1.4 100 bhp vesion is nippy, cheap to run and has almost as much room as a Focus but is smaller overall.

Edited by Avant on 29/07/2009 at 00:30

Ah ok - thank you! Good call! So the Yaris 1.3 and the Skoda - I had never thought of those ones! I may have an extra grand in my budget - do your recommendations still stand or any more thoughts?? What would you suggest I aim for in mileage/age/fuel ?

Edited by marcusmac on 30/07/2009 at 00:51

Accident: KA3 written off-nd bigger - suggestions? - paul2007
Seat Ibza. bullet proof car
Accident: KA3 written off-nd bigger - suggestions? - Falkirk Bairn
A baby - get as large a car as your budget allows as a baby can fill any size of car.

Hatchback is better than saloon, Estate is even better, MPV........5 doors is a must.

If you can stomach the looks/driving the van derived Berlingo, Kangoo.............they offer space without the high cost of some others.
Accident: KA3 written off-nd bigger - suggestions? - bell boy
wow the cars get bigger by the post
(it started as a baby carrying car slightly larger than a ka remember)
have you considered a large panel sprinter van marcusmac?
cars are so last year with babies,

dorling.......... ;-)