What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Forte Fuel Treatment - The Griffin
Has anyone tried using this my local dealer has recommended a Forte Fuel Flush for my wifes Mini Cooper S

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/06/2009 at 13:45

Forte Fuel Tretment - maz64
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=74024&...f
Forte Fuel Tretment - Dynamic Dave
has recommended a Forte Fuel Flush

Do you mean their fuel additive? Flush is usually the one for when you do an oil change.

Either way it doesn't matter though, as you'll probably read in the other threads you've been directed to, Forte products are very good.
Forte Fuel Tretment - maz64
>> has recommended a Forte Fuel Flush
Do you mean their fuel additive?

[whoops - just saw 'treatment' in the thread title; apologies if other threads not relevant]
Forte Fuel Tretment - Number_Cruncher
>>as you'll probably read in the other threads you've been directed to...

While Forte are doubtlessly a leading brand, these additives and flushes are not necessary in the UK, and they may also invalidate any warranty.

Engine flush, in particular, I don't see any sane use for. If the engine is really dirty, it can release trapped deposits which can block up oilways and cause more trouble than had they been left. If the engine isn't dirty, what's the point of a flush?

Similar arguments hold for fuel flushes. I would not want accumulated carp to be flushed out where it can only block things up and cause problems.

Manufacturers design and develop cars to run on the oils they specify in the handbook, and from fuel available at the pumps. There's no more to it than that!

There's a mindeset of guillible driver who want to believe all of these gloops are doing their car good, when in fact, decent servicing to manufacturer's spec is all that's needed. Motor dealers prey on this guillibility, and make quite a good mark up on these products.
Forte Fuel Tretment - bell boy
well said NC
Forte Fuel Tretment - amj
I would not want accumulated carp to be flushed
out where it can only block things up and cause problems.

I agree,accumulated carp can be a real problem if you live near a river. Sounds very fishy to me!
Forte Fuel Tretment - Number_Cruncher
>>Sounds very fishy to me!

It's OK, I like to keep my tank filled to the bream.

Forte Fuel Treatment - Victorbox
Seems to be a Vauxhall dealer thing locally (maybe nationally). My dealer always stick a Forte oil flush on the bill and they push the stuff over the counter as well. It does seem to make the new oil stay cleaner for longer (it's a petrol engine not diesel) and with 20,000 mile oil changes.....
Forte Fuel Treatment - perro
Is the Mini experiencing running probs?
If yes, give it a go - Forte is an excellent product.
If no, he's on the make!
Forte Fuel Treatment - bell boy
you in this scheme then perro?
Forte Fuel Treatment - perro
>>> you in this scheme then perro? <<<
Nah, I'm not on the game anymore del boy - Life's a scheme/scam!