What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
99 1.8D Engine change in a diesel - 750007
Can anyone help :
My wifes Fiesta has an " Endura DE " 1800 non turbo fitted but its very tired , I have been offered another diesel from a 1997 fiesta but the rocker cover says 1.8 Diesel so will it fit her car & will the bell housing / gearbox still match up.

Your thoughts please
99 1.8D Engine change in a diesel - Peter.N.
There was quite a bit of change to the 1.8 engine about this time, in fact the later model was direct injection, I believe this was the TDDI. If yours is IDI, the only difference between that and the earlier engine is a measure of electronic control. Fitting a non electronic engine should be fairly straightforward, in fact why not fit a turbo engine while you are about it, these are probably more common. There are a couple of solonoids on the pump for cold starting advance but if you have any problems just put 12v permanently on one or both of them and the engine seems to run fine.

The best course of action would be to have a good look at your engine and take some photo's then compare it with the one in the donor vehicle. I have just fitted one in a P100 pick up which was by no means easy as it was rear wheel drive, but yours should be a straight swap.