What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
04 2.0 mis fire - jon-george
i have a ford mondeo 2.0 tdci 6mt and when cold there is a mis fire only on idle and first thing in the morning it does not like going over 2500 rpm as if it is running out of fuel.
i have changed the fuel filter and the air filter and had the injection pump union replaced as it was leaking but none of these have made it better.
please help
04 2.0 mis fire - dogdog
i would start by taking egr valve off, give it good clean, if not that, get diagnostic check, is glowplug light flashing?
04 2.0 mis fire - dervrob
My 52 plate TDCI was doing the same ....I was running it on supermarket diesl big mistake....after 1 tank of BP she back to her old self and 4 MPG better....I did replace air filter and EGR valve cleaned up the MAF but made no differance.( My TDCI just hates supermarket diesl).

(I have also blocked off EGR car runs 35% better and dont sound like a tractor now)
04 2.0 mis fire - Collos25
If you try and do that on the later electronic versions you will put the glowplug light on plus you are shoving the filthy diesel fumes direct to atmosphere instead of recycling them not very people friendly.