What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
02 2.2 Alarm Fault - volkswalker
Recently got a lovely E220 CDi Estate... the annoying thing is that the alarm decides to go off weneva it wants! It can be 1 minute after locking or 1 hour.... disconnected the alarm today cos the neighbours are getting cheesed and so am i...after it resets it may go off or decide to wait a while...indicators go crazy...but at least its quiet
read the thread on the 95 merc sim probs... any ideas...? unsure what it could be etc...
02 2.2 Alarm Fault - injection doc
Check the battery 1st. ifthe voltage is dropping quickly it will trigger the alarm at random.
02 2.2 Alarm Fault - volkswalker
yes i have done that and the garage tells me its all good and charged so could there still be a voltage drop...? i checked it a few minutes after driving to the garage...
02 2.2 Alarm Fault - bluerunningdog
I had exactly the same fault - a change in the atmospheric pressure causes the interior sensors to set the alarm off, seemingly randomly. Solution - cover the interior sensors (above the front seat seat belt anchor points) with black insulating tape. The alarm has never gone off since.