What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
01 1.6 oil in air filter box - tom_focus
i was wondering if anyone could help me. The engine in my 2001 ford focus 1.6 is blowing oil through the pipe that comes off the rocker cover and into the air filter box. can any tell me the problem.
01 1.6 oil in air filter box - Roly93
This doesn't look too good I'm afraid. My 53 plate Focus with 36K on it doesn't blow any oil at all through the breather.

If your engine is doing this it may mean that the bores/rings are worn, what is the mileage ?
01 1.6 oil in air filter box - topbloke
or more possible that a breather is blocked,and its breathing through that pipe into the airfilter box ,not very clued up on this engine, i think that you need to do a bit more research before condeming piston rings/borewear, granted it may be but worth exploring other avenues first, may be worth looking on the ford forums for info, Regards TB
01 1.6 oil in air filter box - rossinatrench
Replace it - get down to a local scappy and find one, most will have a focus with reasonable mileage and see what happens. This same thing happened to a friend and he replaced the rocker cover and pipe and its been fine since.