What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1990 2.0 Speedo malfunction. - FotheringtonThomas
Noticed that as I drove off, the speedo didn't indicate the speed - needle on 0. After a while, at less than 30MPH, it went up to 10MPH, and fluttered around a bit. After about 1/2 mile, it was OK again. What's wrong?
1990 2.0 Speedo malfunction. - elekie&a/c doctor
Most probably a faulty speed sensor on the gear box.I would think that a new one is more than the value of the car.S/hand is your best route.If it is auto,then you may find the D4 light flash.hth
1990 2.0 Speedo malfunction. - mike hannon
Yeah, my 1992 coupe (see thread on ZX stuck flasher) does exactly the same thing, but only from time to time. I find it depends on the weather - damp seems to provoke it. And if I drive about 10 miles when it's dead, then leave the car for 15 minutes outside a shop, the (presumed) heat soak brings it back to life. The car is off the road now but I had stopped caring about it and drove on the rev counter when it didn't want to work. The D4 light never flashed...
1990 2.0 Speedo malfunction. - mike hannon
PS: 'value of the car' is a very difficult concept, isn't it? The replacement part may be expensive but, when the job is done, you still have what, in my opinion, was probably the best of all the Accords (and I've owned many of them). 1990 Accord v (say) 2002 Ford, Vauxhall, etc - not really even a contest.
1990 2.0 Speedo malfunction. - Chuckie888
Yes, could be wear in the VSS spindle or a loose wire either at the sensor or instrument binnacle.