What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
good price? - brg190 pete
Hi all

Getting ready to buy SWMBO a nearly new car - aiming for March. We've just driven a 1.25 Fiesta today and are trying a 1.0 Daihatsu Sirion tomorrow and a 1.0 Yaris on Sunday. Personally, I favour the Sirion - I like its odd-ball looks and 5 year warranty - but I think she may go for the Fiesta as it's more mainstream and is probably easiest to drive plus loads of Ford garages.

Anyway, what do you guys think of the following deal from a Ford garage - 2008 plate 1.25 Fiesta Style Climate 5dr with reverse sensors (which SWMBO really likes) in a nice metallic red for £7k? Only done 2k miles. Despite some pushing and no part-ex, don't think I'll get more than, say, £200 off that price.

I think it may be a bit expensive, especially as this is an old model now. But I do like the low mileage. I'm a bit reluctant to buy an ex-rental car, but it seems unlikely to be one with such a low mileage. What do you guys think?
good price? - Rattle
Its an old engine but its quite a simple car by modern standards it means when things go wrong its not a nightmare to fix. I have driven this car but a 2004 model, it felt rather fine to drive but nothing more, I felt in complete control over it, but it just felt like any other modern supermini I would imagine the new model is quite a bit more lively.

The only thing is I have seen brand new and new model Clios go for the same price and my experience with them is that they are reliable despite reputation. The Fiesta will probably hold its value better than all but the Yaris.
good price? - dnc1781
brg190 pete

Autotrader (national search):

1 x 0808 Sirion 1.3S air 4k £5994 trade

3 x 0808 Sirion 1.0S air £35 tax 1k £5995 trade

6 x 0808 Fiesta 1.25 Style 5dr Climate 3k £5994 trade

5 x 0857 Yaris 1.0 T2 3dr 6-10k £5999/6000 trade