What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2002 2.0 Glow plug flashing - leits
Yes the dreaded glow plug flashing, very hard to start in the morning { lots of black smoke }but cant really say if it lacks power because only use it for caravaning , any way took it for a diagnostic test today and found it flashed up 3 items,
1 - P1474- fan control primary control.
2- P 1479- high fan control primary control.
3- P 2339- cylinder"42 above knock threshold.

could any one tell me what i can do to rectify items, mechanics at the garage were not sure about this problem , so they started to say we will try this and if it doesnt work will try that, i had to step in and say WOW. { ughh my money you are playing with } . so please couls any body shine any light on the situation for me.
2002 2.0 Glow plug flashing - jayeastanglia
has the glowplug light started flashing again since the garage reset the ecu..thats if they reset it....sounds like knock sensor ..fan control could be anything really even something like high ambiant temp can set the fan control off.
2002 2.0 Glow plug flashing - leits
yes they did a reset but these flagged up again ??
2002 2.0 Glow plug flashing - karaokeglen
yes the cam sensor is the problem!!! change that and you will be motoring again £17 from ford main dealer and 1 10mm bolt to change the sensor, in fords wisdom they made the sensor in plastic and holds a magnectis switch that opens and closes to a magnectic mark on the cam shaft, but over a perioud of time the switch breaks down and causes the ecu to go alittle tits up, and the engine just goes into safe mode and cuts out, but when you restart it it resets everything , but after 20 restarts the ecu wipes out all error codes so you can never get a true reading but change that sensor and it will run much better and the fuel econ will much inprouve too as it is burning the fuel more effecently i have changed about 150 of them for people that is one of the most comman probs on this engine, hope this helps