What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
06 1.25 - warranty help please - amit290
Hello,
We bought a '06 1.25 Fiesta Zetec in June 2008, and have just started getting problems with the gearbox (I think) as its not going into 3rd properly.

The car has done 10,500 miles, and was serviced at Ford Evans Halshaw dealer I bought it from in June '08 on 9,200 miles. This should have been its second service, it has missed its first year. The ford books say the car must be serviced every 12 months or 12,000 miles which ever comes first.

I went to an exFord dealership (recently gave up the franchise) and they said the second service re-validates the warranty so the car is still covered until April 09 when it was first registered (3 year warranty). Does anyone know this for a fact? or know where I can check?

Its also worth asking the question... is it possible to check a car's service history? It may have had a first service but the book was not stamped.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Pugugly on 21/01/2009 at 19:47

06 1.25 - Warranty Help Please - Armitage Shanks {p}
If it has been Main Dealer serviced the fact should be on the Ford computer system. In any event an itemised, dated invoice for all the work done, parts and labour, is worth a great deal more than a stamp in a book.
06 1.25 - Warranty Help Please - Blue {P}
If you get any problems claiming on the warranty (I doubt they'll check) then take it back to the supplying dealer, if they're a Ford main dealer they should not be selling nearly new cars that aren't under warranty.