What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
05 1.3 Faulty Wipers ? - pcmd1970
The wipers seem to have gone out of synch, one doesn't wipe the whole area and consequently they start to collide with each other. The passenger side one works perfectly.

If I lift them totally of the screen fully extended they move back and forth in synch nicely so I think the motor is OK - any idea if this is going to be a simple or costly problem. I usually get my servicing etc done by Fors but as this is now out of warranty is it a job better suited to a back street garage? Thanks for any advice

05 1.3 Faulty Wipers ? - elekie&a/c doctor
Ths could be a very simple fix.Iwould guess that one of the wiper arm securing nuts has come loose and allowed the arm to move on its spindle.Probably due to being frozen on the screen.hth
Thanks - I wouldn't know where to look for the wiper arm nuts but your reply gives me some hope it's not serious and Ford can fix it for a simple labour charge. I think I stupidly caused this by switching on the wipers to clear some slush off the windscreen and not realised they were frozen to the screen - thanks very much for taking the time to reply

05 1.3 Faulty Wipers ? - jc2
Usually at bottom of wiper arm;about 30 secs. work-but what you'll get charged??
Got this fixed last week - probably as suggested 30 secs work as the Ford main dealer only charged £22 - which I'm happy with