What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1996 1.3 Washer fluid not spraying properly - Rattle
I am not sure if this is a lazy pump or its just a simple adjustment, my screenwash spray only covers half the windscreen where my dads does 80% of it. Is this an MOT failure and what is the fault likely to be?

Both nozzles do it the same there dosn't appear to be any blockage because the water that comes out seems quite powerful, it just dosn't spray high enough. I cannot see how the nozzles can be adjusted though?

Thanks
1996 1.3 Washer fluid not spraying properly - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
If it is truly a spray, I recommend Halford advanced screen wash, it cleaned out the spray type nozzles in my Passat after they became partly blocked.

If you have jets ,ie each with one hole in the middle, first find a darning needle that fits snugly in it. Adjust the jet height by rotating the metal ball within the plastic housing.
Cleaning out the jet with soft wire and using screen wash as well may help.

1996 1.3 Washer fluid not spraying properly - ChrisMo
On every car I've ever owned you adjust the nozzles carefully with a pin. They are a ball in a socket so you just put the pin into the hole and move them up slightly. Then test the washers, find they spray the road behind, adjust back down, spray the wipers, adjust back up, spray the road... go for more screenwash...

I pull the wipers away from the screen to stop them wiping the water at me and operate the washer through the drivers window from outside when I'm setting them up.

Chris
1996 1.3 Washer fluid not spraying properly - Rattle
Done it now, the pin trick worked perfectly thanks! Tuned it so it covers the entire windscreen without spraying off it.