What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
06 1.4 window misting - grahamwiz
My wife's honda jazz mists up very quickly in this damp cold weather, front screen and side windows. I have read the honda response on HJ's review page, and just wondering how bad it has to be before new winscreen seals are required. On long journeys it's a pain to have the heating /AC on hot all the time. Otherwise the car is fine, has anyone had a different response from Honda.

Thanks Graham
06 1.4 window misting - Armitage Shanks {p}
No 06 car should have dodgy seals, surely? Isn't this a warranty issue? In some cars the answer is something to do with a clogged pollen filter - does the Jazz have one?
06 1.4 window misting - Falkirk Bairn
Unless you have the recirculation on you have water getting in the car in someway or other.
Just look at carpets , around door seals and eventually you could spot the water - where it is coming from is Honda's problem as the car is till under warranty being under 3 yrs old.
06 1.4 window misting - jc2
What is your wife's normal drive?? and you don't need the heater on hot all the time-the A/C will remove moisture at all temperature settings but the A/C will not normally operate if the outside ambient is below 3deg.C.

Edited by jc2 on 24/12/2008 at 15:31

06 1.4 window misting - grahamwiz
Normal drive is 10-12 miles each way to work. the heater A/C combo will clear the screen quite quickly, but if you turn it off, it mists up again.
06 1.4 window misting - Bill Payer
Many cars with a/c mist up once the a/c is turned off, particularly if there's dampness in the air.

We have a Jazz that does it, but our Colt is worse and my Mercedes does it too. One of the reasons, I think, is that when you turn the a/c off the air coming in to the car becomes warmer - obviously it's wet as it's picking up wetness from the evaporator and it's then hitting the cooler (because you've had the a/c on) windows - so they mist up.

Using the smaller cars around town it's pretty difficult to get them to stay clear. With the Merc, I tend to use it for longer runs and once the car has warmed up and I'm travelling at motorway speeds I can usually turn the a/c off and it will stay clear.

One thing to make sure of is that the air extractor vents aren't obstructed on the inside bottom lip of the boot - I don't know how much difference that makes but it can't help!
06 1.4 window misting - doctorchris
Our 2003 Jazz began to show this problem earlier this year.
Replacing the cabin filter improved the situation a great deal and should be an easy job. The filter is behind the glovebox.