What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
05 1.6 Air filter for 1.6 TDCI? - scouse_mouse
Has anyone ever changed the air filter on a Focus 1.6 TDCI?

I assume it's the oblong black box at the front right of the engine bay?

Halfords don't seem to stock a suitable filter (or at least their flip book in the store isle doesn't list one).

I'm interested to hear people's views on this. Thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/12/2008 at 18:42

05 1.6 Air filter for 1.6 Focus TDCI? - Saltrampen
On most cars there is a solid plastic "pipe" open at one end - Air intake...follow the pipe and should lead you to Air filter compartment.
Halfords - I have found it harder and harder to get parts for cars less than 5 years old here.
Hopefully situation will improve. Anyway for FORD I have found the dealer is often only 10 - 20% more, if at all. Make me laugh that there are cars in these flip books that My Dad scrapped when I was a child (Over 40 now)...must be popular with classic car enthusiasts.

05 1.6 Air filter for 1.6 Focus TDCI? - scouse_mouse
Thanks for that, but I take it you don't own one of these?

I'm really looking for someone who's "been there before" and can pass on any tips.
05 1.6 Air filter for 1.6 Focus TDCI? - Javalin
A Haynes manual?
05 1.6 Air filter for 1.6 Focus TDCI? - MikeTorque
I have one of these cars. The air filter should be changed as part of a major service. If you're servicing it yourself then a Ford service dealer/Rapid Fit can supply you with the correct air filter which fits inside the black box that you have located.