What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
new Jazz, thanks a million Honda! - Buster Cambelt
Until yesterday I was looking forward to delivery of the new Jazz this Saturday. Until yesterday I would have recommended my local Honda dealer to anyone. Then I got the call......

Basically the ordered car has simply disappeared and they can't now get me the car until January "at best". Another colour "maybe in December". No "sorry we screwed up", no "what can we do to sort this out?" just a blind assumption that I would accept the situation.

Honda customer services simply not interested, dealer principal similarly disinterested.

At a guess someone else wanted the car and there was more profit in that deal, or am I just being cynical?

Order cancelled, deposit returned, Honda struck from companies I'll do business with.

I think someone brighter than me once said it takes a lifetime to keep a customer and a second to lose one. Probably doesn't mean a thing to my local dealer or the Honda ivory tower.
new Jazz, thanks a million Honda! - Happy Blue!
And given the current economic climate, it seems a little silly. Assuming that cars are not selling quickly, why did they not simply offer you a long term loan until your's arrives? How odd.
new Jazz, thanks a million Honda! - tawse
I find that staggering.

I find it hard to believe that they are swamped for orders in the current climate.

Have you considered another Honda dealer or someone like carfile or drivethedeal?

new Jazz, thanks a million Honda! - PhilW
Can't believe this given the number of cars on dealer forecourts and various compounds around the country - had you asked for an unusual specification?

Edited by PhilW on 13/11/2008 at 21:24

new Jazz, thanks a million Honda! - KB.
Like others I'm mystified. I'm collecting my new 'old shape' Jazz CVT tomorrow from local dealer, so won't count chickens but they've been OK till now, however as said above, Carfile and Drive the Deal are not to be dismissed. I spoke to both and both were very helpful (as you would hope) and both did their best to pursue the deal and I would have been confident with either. Both offered good prices too and both have good reputations.....Carfile have been going for years and their response to me was excellent and likewise DTD. It just happened that local dealer was seemingly willing to give away as much as they felt they could bear, which was good enough for me, given perceived advantages of local service/goodwill etc.....(hopefully). If the CVT box does give trouble in the future I would sooner have dealt with local dealer than one some distance away. Anyone would express surprise and regret at the treatment you seem to have received and would do as you have done.