What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Speedferries one and only boat has been arrested - smokie
Arrest of SpeedOne by the Port Authorities in Boulogne

Yesterday afternoon (actually Thursday), shortly after 17:00 UK time, the Port authorities of Boulogne arrested SpeedFerries? SpeedOne during its turnaround. The arrest was made on the basis of SpeedFerries Limited?s debts to the port in relation to port dues and taxes.

Full text here www.speedferries.com/

Edited by smokie on 08/11/2008 at 23:43

Speedferries one and only boat has been arrested - oilrag
A few years ago, I was on one of the last (another company) ferries to return from France before they went bust. It seemed to limp across, a shadow of it`s former self, barely up on its hydro plane and with tatty, years old paint on its docking point.
It had been so fast in it`s earlier days, plumes of spray at top speed, now perhaps gasping along slowly unable to afford the fuel. Very sad, now seeming more of a Sea Rat, than Cat.

Shortly after returning home, it was on the news - busted - no more fast sea trips to Calais.

I Hope Speed Ferries can keep going.

Edited by oilrag on 09/11/2008 at 08:10

Speedferries one and only boat has been arrested - smokie
"I Hope Speed Ferries can keep going." - me too, I advance purchased a book of 10 tickets and I've only used 2!! Bought on the credit card though so presumably I could claim back from them, if SF went bust.