What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mondeo Buyer - Micky
Looking to buy a 2.0 petrol Mondeo (manual gearbox), R,S or T reg; prices seem to drop substantially when mileage is over the 100k barrier. If I buy a Mondeo with 100k miles, what major costs should I budget for over the next, say, 30k? The alternative is to buy a Mondeo at 60-70k but pay a premium to reflect the lower mileage, your comments please.
Mondeo Buyer - Keith S
Cant help with the question directly but I can advise you to check a few things on a Mondeo

Check for uneven tyre wear / crooked steering wheel / pull to the left. (The rear wheel alignment is easily knocked out.)

Check that the aircon blows very cold air within a couple of mins after startup.

Check that the windscreen washers work strongly (the pipes tend to partially blow off the motor in winter after freezing and the water pressure goes low.

Apart from these faults I am delighted with my Mondeo and all of the main items seem reliable and show little sign of age after 65k. From what I have read these cars seem to be very good until 130k.
Mondeo Buyer - blank
Micky:
The answer will probably depend somewhat on what use and mileage you expect to get from the purchased car, and for how long you intend keeping it.
Can you tell more?

Andy
Mondeo Buyer - Micky
Andy

Approx 10k per year over 3 years, mixed use (to and from place of work, holidays etc), throw away after 3 years (probably!)
Mondeo Buyer - Daedalus
Budget for another car in my experience!!!

Bill