What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2003 1.4 Shock absorbers - graham3232
Hi all,

Anyone changed their shock absorbers just as routine maintenance? My 2003 fiesta has done 90K on all original suspension parts but i feel the handling is not what it was especially in the wet and although its recently passed an mot the shocks must be past their best by now. Ford dealer says £475 to replace all 4. Anyone done this and did it make a difference to the cars handling or rather a 475 quid difference!?

Thoughts and opinions please....

2003 1.4 Shock absorbers - yorkiebar
It will make an amazing difference.

whether its worht the money to you; only you can judge.

But people compare different tyres and insist better makes grip/stop better than others where in reality restoring suspension components back to perfection can make even poor tyres seem much better.

Mot test is just a bounce test (they all bounce and stop and equal) and check for no leaks. or split mounting bushes. performance isnt monitored at all.

Any lads coming to me to ask for advice to how make car quicker always (and i mean always) go away with the response of sort your brakes and your handling first then look at engine performance.

hth