What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
03 2.0 reversing sensors - JonD
I have been having trouble with the reversing sensors on the car. I assume they came fitted to the car from new as part of the Zetec Sport spec. They had been intermittent for the last few weeks but have now stopped all together. I guess it is a loose wire somewhere as they should be wired to the reverse lights circuit somewhere. Does anyone know where the sensors are wired to or what the fault is?

Edited by Pugugly on 26/10/2008 at 21:41

03 2.0 Reversing Sensors - elekie&a/c doctor
The sensors will be wired to a control unit located in the boot area.If the system is a factory fit then any fault should be able to be identified through the on board diagnostics .One faulty sensor will cause the system to shut down.hth
03 2.0 Reversing Sensors - mcyoon
I have a similar occasional problem. When i put the car into reverse the beep does not sound, the reverse lights do not come on and the proximity beeper doesn't go when you get close to an object.

usually re selecting reverse works, i think it must be something common to the whole system like the reverse switch located on thop of the transmission casing, look under the air cleaner. Maybe the switch is u/s.

Hope this helps.
03 2.0 reversing sensors - gandaulf
first thing to check is that your reversing lights are working and powering up the sensors.if they are check all the connections as ford often use scotchlocks to connect the main feeds which are not the best of connectors.
03 2.0 reversing sensors - JonD
My reversing lights come on so i know there is power to the sensors. I checked the connection (scotchlocks) and they appear to be fine. I am wondering if i have a loose connection on one of the sensors that is causing the circuit to trip. The only other thing i can think of is if the speaker where the beep comes from is faulty. I dont suppose any one knows where it is do they???