What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
The Sale.........supposedly - Pendlebury
Has anyone tried to understand what massive savings are to be had from the so called Honda sale. The one on their web site that asks "is it possible to have a sale without shouting about it" and then proceeds to tell you absolutely nothing about what this sale is all about.
I have not seen a single thing advertised in the dealers when visiting and I get the impression that most salesmen (sorry people - Harriet Harman will be knocking my door down if I refer to men and not people) have given up the will to live at the moment - never mind trying to sell a car.
The Sale.........supposedly - JH
wife has a Jazz so we got an ad through the letterbox. Apparently I can get £3,500 of extras "free". Trouble I don't want any of them! There is not one that I would pay money for. I'm afraid the impact was such that the only one I can remember is "muguards". I suppose they mean mudflaps.

I've come up with a cunning scheme to save even more. Just put the money into the other pocket!

I have found the Honda website to be very good at telling you absolutely nothing in general though.

JH

Edited by JH on 25/09/2008 at 20:39

The Sale.........supposedly - Bill Payer
Apparently I can get £3 500 of extras "free".

£3,500? We have a Jazz I can't imagine that there are £3,500 of Jazz extras available.

I've had a fair number of mailings and emails, both from Honda and direct from the dealers, including and "exclusive" invitation which asked me to call the dealer to discuss. I've no interest in doing anything right now so I've ignored them all.

I took our Jazz in for a service about a month ago and mentioned in passing that we were interested in the new Jazz. The young lad on service reception was keen to get me to consider swapping for a new version of the current model - not at all what I wanted, but I was impressed that he at least took some interest!
The Sale.........supposedly - JH
I think that was on a Civic, Bill, but I can't say I was really giving it a lot of attention. We'll buy a new car when we need one, not when someone jumps up and down and has a "sale" on.
JH