What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mercedes Benz E class pitting wheel arch - Edd
Guess the question is the subject here. We ourchased the E300td from a Mercedes Benz dealership just under a year ago reciently we have noticed the from wheel arches pannels are beginning to pitt and the paint comes off easily. After taking hte car to a Mercedes Benz bodywork shop they told us that the car indeed had the problem that we hasd told him but it is highly unlikely that Mercedes Benz would be willing to pay for the problem to be fixed even though the car has a full 30 years paint warently and has a three years dealer warently and that we should pay for it ourselves as what should we expect froma 2nd hand car (a £20k car isn't what most people think of as cheap and u should put up with it) and that brand new cars had the same problem and Mercedes Benz had not paid up for those cars to be fixed either. Any help on what we should do? We are writing a letter to mercedes now but don't know what to do, I imagined mercedes 30 years bodywork guarentee would cover it. Many thanks
Ps the car is amazing in all other respects and I would not what to derate the car in any way as it is amazing.
Mercedes Benz E class pitting wheel arch - Godfrey H {P}
Edd there are various ways you could approach this. First of all you need a technical report about the problem and also how much it will cost to fix. See if one of the independent bodyshops in your area will do report for you for a fee. In this instance I think "What Car?" magazine's readers' problem page may be able to help you. It sounds like the kind of problem they like to get their teeth into. You will need the technical report and the rejection letter from Mercedes before you approach them. Good luck!