What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Aux Socket - richje100
hi guys,

does anyone know if my 2004 focus edge model has an Aux socket installed so i can connect an mp3 player to the stereo?
if not, can it be done another way?
the radio is a 6000RDS Eon single player
any help is much appreciated.
rich
Aux Socket - pinkpanther_75
the 2006 1.6 LX I owned last year didn't have one although you can buy a 3.5 mm jack plug and lead kit from Ford for around £10. This plugs into the back of the stereo and allows you to mount the socket either in the glove box and on the centre console near the gear stick.

I bought the lead, but sold the car before fitting it!

Edited by Seant on 22/09/2008 at 22:39

Aux Socket - rtj70
But if the stereo is a bit like the 6-disk changer in my Mondeo TDCi Ghia (53 plate) it came with a 3.5" socket in the glove box but the stereo had not had aux-in enabled. Done via the hidden menus. Don't recall exactly how I did it and the car has gone now.

Something along the lines of pressing and holding the menu button until you got into some hidden menus. Pretty straight forward.
Aux Socket - L'escargot
.......... my Mondeo TDCi
Ghia (53 plate) ....... came with a 3.5" socket in the glove box ...........

Can't be much room for anything else ;-)
Aux Socket - ifithelps
Ghia (53 plate) ....... came with a 3.5" socket in the glove box ...........
Can't be much room for anything else ;-)

>>

I suppose you being French, Mr Snail, means you are 'maitre' of the millimetre.

Aux Socket - Chris M
I believe if the unit's top left button has 'AUX' on it then the answer is a kit can be fitted. If it doesn't, then you can't.
Aux Socket - richje100
im sure ive seen aux on the display when i was playing about with the buttons. i cannot see a dedicated button which says aux but it does say cd changer compatable and a littlwe telephone next to it? its the 6000 rds radio withe volume knob on the left & not in the centre
thanks
Aux Socket - Chris M
Ah, in that case I may be wrong. I was thinking you have the same unit that I have in my CMax. I don't have the Aux button and so can't connect MP3.

Have you tried one of the Focus forums?

Edited by Chris M on 24/09/2008 at 13:34

Aux Socket - richje100
to be honest i havnt. ill put a post on it

thanks for everyones comments

rich