What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Audi A4 Avant or Honda Accord Estate? - anthonyf
£7k to spend; up to 100,000 miles; approx 4 years old; diesel. Can't decide which. Decisions decisions. You seem to get a newer Honda than an A4 for this budget though.
Audi A4 Avant or Honda Accord Estate? - NowWheels
Might a Mondeo not be a better buy than either? e.g this top-spec Mondeo looks like a lot of car for the money: tinyurl.com/5kjmm9
Audi A4 Avant or Honda Accord Estate? - anthonyf
Now looking at an A4 Avant that seems reasonable except that it has done 59k miles and there is only 1 recorded Audi service at 15k. The main dealer (VW) will give it a full service and 12 months warranty. Is this a risk worth taking? Views? Thanks.
Audi A4 Avant or Honda Accord Estate? - Statistical outlier
The Honda is considerably bigger than an A4 of that vintage. Both diesels have fairly well known strengths and weaknesses. Honda more refined, Audi probably more economical. Audi has a better interior in passenger terms, Honda bristles with little things that you wouldn't consider until you realise they just work.

I'd echo NW in that you'd be well advised to look at a Mondeo as well. Similar size to the Honda, and likely to be cheaper for equivalent mileage / condition. Neither Audi or Honda are quite as reliable as they are reputed to be - you could hit problems with either. Saying that, my 75k Accord Tourer still drives brilliantly, and the interior has shrugged off wear. But, there's some drivechain shunt, and my particular car has certainly had significant problems.

Buy on individual condition and spec. A full service history is *essential* for both.
Audi A4 Avant or Honda Accord Estate? - SuperBuyer
Neither - get the A6 Avant if you want a usable 4/5 seater, slightly cheaper than an A4 Avant as well... The nice 130bhp 1.9 might not be the most refined, powerful or quick, but it has proven reliability, at least upto 250K...

But service history is critical, and the quality of the history is important to ensure the correct oil has been used.

I speak as the owner of a 4.7 year old Golf 150bhp (mk4) with 145K on the clock now (38K since I bought it last August)