What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ISOFIX - mjs100
Hi all

I've recently purchased a one year old (2007) Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec Climate. It didn't come with ISOFIX as standard but I paid the dealer to have it fitted retrospectively.

The wife went to Mothercare earlier to buy the ISOFIX base for the seat and when the assistant looked up the car she said that they would not sell the base as the Focus doesn't have ISOFIX fitted as standard and even if it's been fitted afterwards it wasn't tested and therefore is likely to be unsafe.

Obviously I only want to use a base if it's not safe but is she right? If the dealer had someone fit it I assume they would only do so if they were sure that it's been done properly.

The question is, should I use the ISOFIX and try and find a base from somewhere or should I bite the bullet and not use it (and have wasted the money to have it fitted)??

Anyone else using ISOFIX with the Focus?

Cheers

M
ISOFIX - daveyjp
If you trust the dealer to have done the ISOFIX work to the same standard as it would have been done in a Ford factory, buy an ISOFIX base off an internet retailer.

As an owner of two cars with ISOFIX as standard I'm not a fan and both our seats are seatbelt secured ones.